Our client a National Wholesaler based in the South-East suburbs of Melbourne is currently seeking a motivated Purchasing Officer with 1 - 3 years experience in the FMCG, pharmaceutical and or government.
With a strong focus on quality and support, you will be interacting with key suppliers by sourcing, negotiating and purchasing. This position is also a support for a wide variety of other duties, which includes the analysis of data, monitoring supplier performance and maintaining appropriate records.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Source and purchase consumables
- Forecasting and planning
- Contract administration
- Quality control and continuous improvement
- Upkeep of supplier master data using internal ERP
- Sourcing potential suppliers
- Supplier relationship management – developing valuable business partnerships
- Provide recommendations to ensure optimum levels of price, quality, service and risk are upheld
- Monitor and report on supplier performance
- Ensuring all procedures and guidelines are being followed for purchasing requirements for best practice
- 1-3 years experience in purchasing and buying
- FMCG, pharmaceutical and or government
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong ERP understanding and knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure
- High attention to detail
If you believe the above role is right for you and looking to develop your skill sets, please apply now!